General import operation
The file contains up to 17 columns which allow importing all the necessary details.
The example file
To import data, first download the sample file .
This file is in xlsx format and contains an Instructions tab that repeats some details from this page.
The file also contains validation rules which will inform you about the validity of the data. For simplicity, do not remove these validations: copy and paste your data in value only to preserve them and make it easier to understand the errors.
The csv format is also supported.
A line represents a product
Each line corresponds to a sales line.
On FoodMeUp sales can contain multiple sales lines. Imagine a receipt (this is the sale) that includes several items sold (these are the sales lines).
Data is created or updated
Via the import, the data is either created if it does not exist, or updated.
The update is done using the transaction ID of the sales line, coming from a cash register software, other software, or created by yourself.
If you do not enter an id, a new sales line will be created.
The imported products will be linked to the data known on FoodMeUp as follows:
- Products will be reconciled based on their name, code or id or if a previous sales line associated with a product has the same name as a newly imported line.
- The units will be reconciled according to their name and a product identifier.
- The sales will be reconciled according to their id.
- Customers will be reconciled based on their unique name.
This reconciliation allows you to easily cross-reference your sales data with your data on FoodMeUp to calculate your margin!
Advice on making your first import
To carry out an import in good conditions, we advise you to follow these steps:
- familiarize yourself with creating sales and sales lines in the interface.
- study and understand how sales reconciliation works.
- download the example file and enter your data in it rather than trying to match your data to the example file.
If you want to delete the imported information, you can perform multiple deletions .
These are the basic information of a sale line:
- Transaction id: Transaction id in the Point of Sale (POS) system
- Product id: Product id in the POS system
- Product name: Product name in the POS of FoodMeUp
- Product code: Product code, ideally the same on FoodMeUp and the POS to ease reconciliation
- Quantity: Sale line quantity
- Unit name: Unit name in the POS system
- Sale-item id or code: Id or code of the sale-item on FoodMeUp
- Price VAT excl.: Unit price VAT excluded
- VAT: Vat rate in percentage, between 0 and 1
- Discount: Discount rate in percentage, between 0 and 1
- Sale id: Sale id in the POS system
- Client code: Client code, ideally the same on FoodMeUp and the POS to ease reconciliation
- Client name: Client name in the POS system or FoodMeUp
- Creation date: Creation date of the sale
- Update date: Update date of the sale
- Selling date: Selling date of the sale
- Status: Status of the sale